Thursday, February 05, 2009

Carrot Jelly ~キャロットジェリー~

Posted by KazuoWorld

When ever we buy carrots,
It always stays in the fridge until we make curry,
and I had like a bag of carrots that had to be used,

So I made carrot Jelly with it.

It is popular in Japan to have sweets out of veggies,
well I don't know about know, but it used to be a couple of years ago.
And you know things in Japan, the popular things always change...

anyway, the reason being popular is that it hardly uses any sugar,
and just uses the natural sweetness of the vegetable.

when I was boiling the carrots, I put a bit of honey in it to add some sweetness.

Also the jelly has some fresh squeezed orange juice in it too.

2 comments:

K. said...

i dont like carrots...:(

Jarome B Jackson said...

argh, recipe please...